Thursday, February 7, 2008

iTulip Calls for Alt Energy Bubble



iTulip.com's Eric Janszen sees a looming bubble in Alternative energy. He was very successful in calling both the DotCom bubble and the Housing Bubble.
I generally agree with his arguments. At the same time, I believe that the money made in mortgages is going into a broader Nano-Bubble, of which Alt Energy is one part. For example, next generation solar technologies will use nano materials and alt fuels like methanol from wood pulp will rely on genetically engineered "Super yeast".

FWIW, the Sundeck on Sandhill Rd. was quite crowded yesterday and people are quite busy.



P.S. My informed sources tell me that Amorphous computing is still, well, Amorphous.

P.P.S. I had a thoroughly enjoyable discussion on gray goo.


No comments: